4 cloves Garlic
July 28, 2009
4 cloves Garlic
July 23, 2009
Thank you to Courtney for introducing me to these.
Step 2: Pick a sandwich spread --mayonaise, vegenaise, soy mayo substitute, pesto; spread it on a couple of slices of whole wheat bread. Layer on the veggies. Everyone gets to pick what they want on their sandwich. If they don't want it on their sandwich, they get to try it anyways-just one bite. Just make sure they have something to dip it in. Top off your sandwich with some salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime.
Step 3: Eat it. yumm.
Then make another one and eat it too. Its ok, its just vegetables.
My girls really do actually eat this, they call it the "begetable sandwich". Its funny though because the vegetables they want usually changes each time we have it. And sometimes they want to pick their sandwich apart and eat it bit by bit seperately, thats ok too.
Also, we like veggies in a tortilla or pita with hummus. Delish!
Eat more fresh veggies! They supply your body with enzymes that help you digest your food, anti-oxidants to stop cancer causing free radicals, lots of vitamins and minerals, and fiber to maintain a healthy digestive system.
July 19, 2009
(the bag is to hide my messy counter)
2 C Rice Milk
2 Handfuls Spinach
2 Tb Peanut Butter
2 Tb Honey
2 to 3 Frzn Bananas
Small Handful Chocolate or Carob Chips
Blend all ingredients in Blender.
July 6, 2009
Bulgar Stuffed Cabbage
½ cup cooked bulgar or Couscous
1 head cabbage (remove tough outer leaves)
2 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
4 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 zucchini (sliced)
½ tsp basil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp thyme
¼ tsp pepper
1 egg white
2 tsps lemon juice
1 can 8oz tomato sauce
Serve with Rye bread and Green Salad
Prep 25 minutes, cooking 1 hour
Serves 4 Adults
- Cook couscous or bulgar and set aside
- Place cabbage in boiling water for about two minutes, then remove four leaves, repeat until you have 12 leaves
- Heat oil in skillet over moderate heat and sauté onion, red pepper, and mushrooms, sauté 5 min
- Stir in zucchini and cook for a few more minutes, until tender
- Remove from heat add to couscous, stir in lemon juice and egg white
- Stuff each cabbage leave like a burrito with the filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rolls in baking dish, then spread tomato paste along top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook 25 min, remove foil and cook 10 more minutes
P.S. The leftover cabbage was really good in stir-fry the next day.