Here is a short little movie my girls made showing how to make yogurt. . . They watch a lot of cooking shows. Here's the recipe.
- MIX all ingredients EXCEPT yogurt (milk, powdered milk, sugar, vanilla)
- Heat to 180 degrees. (use a thermometer or look for little bubbles around the edges of the pot)
- Pour into a bowl to cool. Let cool until between 115 and 110 degrees. (about an hour)
- Measure out yogurt and let it sit on the counter to warm to room temperature. DO NOT add it to the milk yet.
- When the milk mixture is between 115 and 110 degrees add the yogurt and stir until combined.
- Pour the milk plus yogurt mixture into the jars and put on the lids.
- Incubate: Put the jars into cooler, wrap a blanket around to add insulation. Do not disturb for 6-9 hours. Your goal is to keep the temp at about 90-100 degrees for the entire incubation time.
- You are done! You did it! Refrigerate as normal.