May 10, 2008

The Fluffiest Whole Wheat Pancakes Ever

This is my other favorite pancake recipe. And if you can't imagine anything made with whole wheat being fluffy, you have to try these.

3 cups whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
4 egg yolks
3 cups milk
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites

Mix the four, baking powder, salt and sugar together. In a seperate bowl, mix the egg yolks, milk and oil together. In yet another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together. Then gently fold in the egg whites. Cook on a hot griddle. Serve with syrup or jam.

These pancakes are so so so yummy. It is a lot of work not to mention 3 bowls to make them. So, sometimes I cheat and I don't beat the egg whites. And I usually have a freezer bag of this mix in my freezer with powdered eggs and dried instant milk so all I have to add is water and oil. Either way, they still taste good, but the egg whites make these pancakes unbelieveably fluffy and soft.

No comments: